yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil typ esubstance leaking from the exhaust area?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil typ esubstance leaking from the exhaust area?!?!

Hi,

Got up this morning to a oil rainbow puddle thing on my drive. It appears something is dripping from the exhaust. Not a lot, but enough to worry.

Anyone any ideas what it could be?

A better indication of where abouts may help us to have a guess, ie) if it's below the manifold i'd guess at filter, if it's by the rear left wheel i'd suggest checking the wheel bearing
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      A better indication of where abouts may help us to have a guess, ie) if it's below the manifold i'd guess at filter, if it's by the rear left wheel i'd suggest checking the wheel bearing
      Sorry, it is rear left, around the exhaust. I noticed it dripping a little when the rear window was getting fixed, and he said he's literally caked the car in oil and it's nothing to worry about. It does look like a clear oil substance.

Comment

could be whatever he's used to lubricate the window mech with dripping out the tailgate drain holes or where the wires come out the tailgate, especiallly if he 's used a silicone spray type lubricant. If it's literally right at the back i wouldn't worry at all, if it's closer to the rear axle i'd think about checking the seals at each wheel bearing and around the diff.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Working...
        X