Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 strange noises.

Hi
    today the Surf developed a couple of strange noises,I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers into what these might be?

Noise #1 happened when pressing the clutch whilst in Low4Locked after coming out of a field then driving a short distance over rough rocky ground and through a stream.The noise can only be described as like a spring being released after being compressed this only lasted for a second.

Noise#2 kicks in after 2,500 rpm and is more audible in 4th and 5th gear.This noise is definately revs related as opposed to movement.This sounds like rapid clicking/whistling,I also hear this at lower revs but it disappears when I press the clutch(?)but it is much louder from 2,500 revs,Any ideas?The warranty on this vehicle expires in July this year could do to clear any impending probs up asap,thanks in advance.
    Powered by ????

I am not certain on this one as I can't remember for sure - clutch thrust bearing - seem to remember one of my cars doing it years ago.

Need one of the more mechanic type peop's to chip in.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
      I am not certain on this one as I can't remember for sure - clutch thrust bearing - seem to remember one of my cars doing it years ago.

Need one of the more mechanic type peop's to chip in.

Rich.
      Cheers Rich,maybe I should have bought an auto after all.
      Powered by ????

Comment

both noises could be the clutch pressure plate springs, you may have got a little muck in them, or one could be broken.

Older Toy pressure plates have rubber bushes instead of spings, but newer ones like yours could have gone back to springs as the rubber don't last long (or not with my V8 running though it anyway!!!! )

First one could just be the clutch lever return spring twanging as well.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks peeps,appreciated.