Need New fronts Pads quickly - In Leicester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New fronts Pads quickly - In Leicester

Hi guys, my brakes started making a grinding sound last night so I had a looksy underneath the truck and the inside pad on the drivers side is right down to the metal...

Does anyone know of a place around Leicester or Coventry that can fit a new set quickly?

Not sure if the regular places can sort surfs?

Look for 93 4runner pads in shops as they are the same other than that www.milneroffroad.com or www.toyotahilux.com They are very easy to change if youve done pads before its a doddle.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

thanks chap, I was outta time yesterday but decided to order some genuine ones from roughtrax.

Does anyone know the best way to ease the pistons back in when i fit them?

Comment

Originally posted by jaydee
        thanks chap, I was outta time yesterday but decided to order some genuine ones from roughtrax.

Does anyone know the best way to ease the pistons back in when i fit them?

I use a large set of adjustable pipe grips/pliers, but you could use a G clamp and one of the old pads to wind the pistons back in. Keep an eye on the reservoir though, as the fluid level will rise and possibly overflow as the pistons go back into the caliper.

Comment

If one pad is worn and the others ok then it's likely you have dodgy calipers in need of some TLC.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            I use a large set of adjustable pipe grips/pliers, but you could use a G clamp and one of the old pads to wind the pistons back in. Keep an eye on the reservoir though, as the fluid level will rise and possibly overflow as the pistons go back into the caliper.
            Ive never had to wind the pistons back in on a Surf, I just press them back in.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              If one pad is worn and the others ok then it's likely you have dodgy calipers in need of some TLC.

Nev
              I'm going to check this out when I change the pads. I've got a good old vibration/steering wobble on braking and from what i've heard this is a classic piston seized type symptom on the surf.

Just hope I don't need new calipers cos it'll be in bits when I find out and I won't have any...

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Ive never had to wind the pistons back in on a Surf, I just press them back in.

You have to wind the threaded rod on the G clamp to push the pistons back, smart arse!

Comment

Originally posted by jaydee
                  I'm going to check this out when I change the pads. I've got a good old vibration/steering wobble on braking and from what i've heard this is a classic piston seized type symptom on the surf.

Just hope I don't need new calipers cos it'll be in bits when I find out and I won't have any...

If you're getting steering wobble under braking, you may find that your discs are worn/warped and may need replacing too.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    You have to wind the threaded rod on the G clamp to push the pistons back, smart arse!
                    On some cars you do have to wind the PISTONS back in
                    So there was some Confusion
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X