greasing prop shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greasing prop shafts

ok, how much grease do i need to put in the prop shaft slide yokes? i've eptied the gun in there and nothing's coming out from any orifices... where's it all going? i don't wanna fill them up and find i've buggered it!
    obviously the uj spder joints are self explanatory, just pumped till clean gease came out.

incidentally i see on the sticky there are certain greases to use for this... but while grease shopping there were so many to choose and none that matched the spec sheet!... so i went for "all purpose"... will this **** it up?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

I ususally put grease in til i see the two parts start to move apart. then i figure theres enough in it.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
      I ususally put grease in til i see the two parts start to move apart. then i figure theres enough in it.
      That's what I do, only way to tell how much is in there really!

Matt - I use Castol LM grease...fairly sure its the right type.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        That's what I do, only way to tell how much is in there really!

Matt - I use Castol LM grease...fairly sure its the right type.
        I use Castrol LM too. I didn't find that any of the grease nipples (ooer!) took more than a couple of pumps, of the grease gun, before the pressure was such that no more would go in.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I use Castrol LM too. I didn't find that any of the grease nipples (ooer!) took more than a couple of pumps, of the grease gun, before the pressure was such that no more would go in.
          well, if you're saying nipples, i'm gonna say flange!

the uj's didn't take much, just squeezed out the old grease till i could see new coming through... but the sliders seemed to take more and more... my hand was getting sore pumping into them nipples!! and nothing semed to happen... the grease was definately going somewhere!!... might take them apart and fill em up!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X