Rear Window Stops 1" From Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Stops 1" From Top

I have now got a problem with my back window. If i use the key or close it from the button inside the cab when it gets about 1" from the top it stops and clicks. If i push the window to help it go up it will but that is a pain if you have your hands full or if your in the cab. Any ideas What it might be ?? Is it fixable without getting any new parts or do i need to buy something to fix the problem.

Hit the search button. There's loads of info on servicing this window. I did mine it's simple, if you have a screw driver and some lubricant.

Comment

remove the carpet on the tailgate and the cover give all the workings a good oil!! should do the trick. you can also spray the rubber with silicone based oil.

Comment

Thanks for replys guys. Can i do it with the tailgate shut!! Its p1551ng down out there i might get wet .

Comment

no you need it open there is some workshop advice on this i will have a look for it for you!

Comment

all the info you need should be here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
              all the info you need should be here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm
              Cheers for the link. Ive tryed it and it has not worked ! I will try again when the weather has cleared up a little. I sprayed everything i could see and it still clicked, I will give it a better soaking next time.

Comment

sounds silly nut is is it a electronic click like a relay or a mechanicle click reason i ask is for some unknown reason the bar on my relay had bent (i suspect the previouse owner trying to fix the key switch) anyway if the bar is bent then the motor is switching off to early hence the 1" from the top mine was the opposit and you had to watch it close and stop pressing switch as the motor didnt cut out
                !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drcrippen324
                  sounds silly nut is is it a electronic click like a relay or a mechanicle click reason i ask is for some unknown reason the bar on my relay had bent (i suspect the previouse owner trying to fix the key switch) anyway if the bar is bent then the motor is switching off to early hence the 1" from the top mine was the opposit and you had to watch it close and stop pressing switch as the motor didnt cut out
                  I would say its a mechanical click. It sounds as if it is running up on some kind of teeth mecanisum and it has no more to go or as if it runs out of grip before it does the last one..

Comment

Hmm im new to surfs but trust me not new to cars and with the size / weaight of the window its lifting it stands a chance that you are right in the run out of gear part having looked at my tailgate window the design when worn would allow the mecanisum to jump a tooth or 2 when easy way to tell is after you have helped teh window up that last inch can yo move it back down an inch without operating the motor ie by hand not switch without forcing it if so then you stand a 99% chance its jumped a tooth or 2 if it was an electronic click like a relay then i would have said the motor was switching off to soon the same as mine was
                    !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X