turbo seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo seal

Hi have done searchs on where i can source said seal kit. From what i can see i cant get them. Does anyone know anything different? Thanks
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
    Hi have done searchs on where i can source said seal kit. From what i can see i cant get them. Does anyone know anything different? Thanks
    if your on about the gaskets for the oil feed and return etc then you can get them from Toyota.Just give them the chasis numbers etc and they will order them for you.If you have any trouble getting them give me a ring on 07974183876 and i will try to sort them out down here and send them to you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers chap will discuss with the mechanic (my dad!) and sort it out.

Comment

We took the air inlet off the turbo and revved the engine. You could see oil flying off the impellor blades and coating the inlet. It then went on its merry little way into the engine.
        The seal/s we need are the turbo oil seals to stop the oil getting into the air flow and of course the oil supply and drain pipework.

Turbo, hub bronze bushes, propshaft, idler arm and various ball joints!
        Looks like my garage will be home to a surf for a few days!!

TB

Comment

i would give toyota a try anyway as parklands toyota in Helston were good as gold on the stuff i got from them.Parklands at Carland Cross won't want to know about the surf but Helston are ok with them
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkMonkey
            We took the air inlet off the turbo and revved the engine. You could see oil flying off the impellor blades and coating the inlet. It then went on its merry little way into the engine.
            The seal/s we need are the turbo oil seals to stop the oil getting into the air flow and of course the oil supply and drain pipework.

Turbo, hub bronze bushes, propshaft, idler arm and various ball joints!
            Looks like my garage will be home to a surf for a few days!!

TB

The oil in the intake tubes is normally from the breather tube on the rocker cover. The oil vapour condences in the tubes and eventually dribbles out the rubber elbow on the turbo or gets sucked into the intake.
            An oil catch can will virtually eliminate this.

Comment

We had taken the inlet tube off the turbo so the breather from the rocker cover was taken out of the equation.
              I think we will have to remove the turbo to check the wastegate and check all the vacuum pipes as well.
              Long slow process of elimination.

TB

Comment

After a bit more research we found that the high pressure switch is kaput.
                We bypassed it and the turbo is turbo'ing again.
                We still need to tweak the injection pump to reduce the smoke but that can wait.
                That DrunkMonkey is a happier monkey now.

Comment

He sure is!!! thanks pa . great work!

Comment

Working...
                  X