wish id bought one of these ages ago,
    Did you fit front or rear, or both?

How much?

Did you fit them yourself? Easy job?

Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

hi mate only fitted the rear today,
      ill see how it goes before i commit myself to the front as i havent got any spare front diffs to get it fitted to and dont wont to take me toy off the road,
      i had OEC fit the diff into the houseing ect all i did was fit it into the axle and wire it up to the compressor,amazing difference,far better than a LSD diff as thats what i had before,ive been trying for ages to reach the top of this extremely steep bank and im talking stupidly steep but the wheels kept spinning before on several hundred attempts,i tried it today as the first try out,and it spun in low and went right to the top first go in high,i was well impressed,money well spent,
      each diff costs £525
      then it costs £125 for each diff to be plumbed into the houseing and set up
      the compressor cost £160
      it took me a few hours to plumb in the compressor and a few more to fit the diff and plumb in the air cables under the car,all in all a good result when you see what it can climb up and with ease compared to spinning the tits out of it before,myself and a mate went for a play earlier and he has the same surf ect and he couldnt beleive the difference he was spinning and geting a little stuck in his,then he went around in mine and i think hes going to go and get one now,ill be trying it out properly tomorrow so ill keep you updated as to the result up to now id give it 10 out of 10,
      but early days ?

Comment

this will be interesting,..

ok. i see the need for lockers, i would love them myself,

my questiion is,, for the moderate off roader, once maybe twice a month, is a locker worth the money,

do you not get yourself further into the sh*t, and then need recovered.

would the money not be better spent on a winch bumper and winch?, for self recovery,

listen, not trying to rock the boat, but would like a few peoples opinions.

lucky bas got a locker

cheers scotty

Comment

already got a winch bumper and a eip9 superwinch,
          only ever used it once,
          now i hope i wont have to use it again,
          ran out of things to buy so i bought a new diff,
          i cant think of many other goodies to buy so any sugestions please tell,
          always looking for the latest toys,

Comment

just an update have been out to play today with the arb rear air locker,
            every steep hill that has always been a complete nightmare to get up is now in reach done all the nightmare climbs today which ive struggled at in the past with ease no wheelspin at all,
            just crawls up with ease at like 1200 revs these lockers are mental,
            think ill get one for the front now just in case i find a place i cant get up,
            if you live local to me you are more than welcome to try it for yourself
            once youve tried them you seriuosly wont do without them,

Comment

I've got Linda's diff on the bench with her ARB nearly installed now, just need to find time to finish it off and put it back in the truck.

They are great. (and we only paid £300 for locker and compressor in the US and brought it home in our luggage!)
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Flippin eck thats a good deal! Is it a small compressor then if you got it in your luggage - or just a BIIIIG case?
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Flippin eck thats a good deal! Is it a small compressor then if you got it in your luggage - or just a BIIIIG case?
                  Its not huge, its the proper ARB compressor. powerful enough though.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a wander round a '4x4 tyres' place near the hotel I was in in Mesquite. Boy there was some tasty rubber in there, though too big to fit in my case!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

splindies

hi guys
                      i am ready to order my rear locker but how do i know how many splinds my diff is, there are a few differant options. can anybody help.
                      to much is never enough

Comment

Originally posted by king kong View Post
                        hi guys
                        i am ready to order my rear locker but how do i know how many splinds my diff is, there are a few differant options. can anybody help.
                        It helps other people to answer tech questions if you fill your truck model in your profile , but assuming a 2nd gen you need an RD23 for the rear
                        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

locker

yeh good idea sorry about that guys will sort that in the mean time its a 3.0lt td surf on a L reg.
                          to much is never enough

Comment

Working...
                          X