Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Describe How To Do This?

Hi All,

My steering wheel is slightly off centre when driving straight and as all Surf drivers know, this is enough to cause an obsession!

How do you undo the steering wheel, turn it about 2cms to the left and tighten it back on again?

If anyone (Bushwhacker!) can describe how to do this I will be eternally grateful as will my passengers who continually have to remind me to keep looking at the road instead of obsessing on the steering wheel!

Thanks!

Gary

Originally posted by hellmett
    Hi All,

My steering wheel is slightly off centre when driving straight and as all Surf drivers know, this is enough to cause an obsession!

How do you undo the steering wheel, turn it about 2cms to the left and tighten it back on again?

If anyone (Bushwhacker!) can describe how to do this I will be eternally grateful as will my passengers who continually have to remind me to keep looking at the road instead of obsessing on the steering wheel!

Thanks!

Gary

Not done this, but when looking myself:
    Got to undo the screw under the steering wheel that holds the centre on, be careful as the horn is connected underneath. Theres a centre nut that needs undoing, prize of the wheel and put back on in right position and reverse process.

Another note, could be your pitman arm or idler arm thats being bent slightly, when I had my steering components changed i found that my wheel became recentered.
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
      Hi All,

Thanks!

Gary

Mine was like that 'till I got the tracking sorted, (tyres wearing on the insides) it was way out!

Truck still kept a straight line though, even if the steering wheel didn't.

Comment

Working...
      X