Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR pipe nuts

Hi all.
    Hope somebody who has changed their cylinder head can help. Replacing my cylinder head at the moment. All going fine. Downloaded write up and pics from site. Only problem so far is the two nuts holding the EGR pipe onto the nd of the exaust manifold. They are being real B******s. Awkward to get to as well. They seem to be 12mm but may be rounded off !!! 11mm is too small !. Anybody who has done this, any suggestions as to how they got theirs off ?. Cant even get to the large pipe nut on the other end of the pipe !!!. Hope someone can offer a suggestion as this is doing my head in. I have even considered cutting the EGR pipe and fitting a new one but I would rather not.
    JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Originally posted by jjon
    Hi all.
    Hope somebody who has changed their cylinder head can help. Replacing my cylinder head at the moment. All going fine. Downloaded write up and pics from site. Only problem so far is the two nuts holding the EGR pipe onto the nd of the exaust manifold. They are being real B******s. Awkward to get to as well. They seem to be 12mm but may be rounded off !!! 11mm is too small !. Anybody who has done this, any suggestions as to how they got theirs off ?. Cant even get to the large pipe nut on the other end of the pipe !!!. Hope someone can offer a suggestion as this is doing my head in. I have even considered cutting the EGR pipe and fitting a new one but I would rather not.
    A tip I read once is try using a coin in the socket or spanner to make up the gap when you have a odd size nut to move....

A bit of WD40 on first and leave for a bit never goes a miss on those tight exhaust / manifold nuts......
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X