Oxygen Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygen Sensor

Does anyone know anything about the oxygen sensor on a 1991 Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4TD? I have checked my engine trouble codes and had 5 flashes on the engine light.
    Thought I was very clever to be able to check the codes but I don't know where to start looking for this thing. Do I need to replace it?
    I have just done the Turbo "washers" mod, could this have caused the trouble code or could this be an old code that still needs to be cleared?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

If your engine check lite is coming on now you have done the turbo spacer mod, I'd suggest your overboosting, your washers might be a bit big. do you have a boost gauge. the Surfs computer warns of overboost around 12-14psi.
    cheers
    Dan.

Comment

I did'nt do the error code test until after I had done the mod, but I don't think that the error is related.
      The engine check light does'nt come on, only when I connect the TE1 and E1 terminals for the error code test!

The Turbo Mod works great and I can add that there is no lag when I put the pedel to the metal.
      Yes there is a little Turbo whistle but thats fine.

I've looked on the net and have found that when the oxygen sensor gives up the ghost, the fuel mixture goes for a loop and will run rich however this was in general and not directly related to a Toyota Surf 2.4TD

Comment

Working...
      X