crankshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crankshaft

removed crankshaft pully today thinking that i only needed to replace the woodruff key but found it to be alot worse the pully its self is worn ovel shaped and chipped were the slot for the key is also the original woodruff key wasnt even there the crankshaft its self has worn away on one side of the key slot i dont really want to have to replace the crankshaft as this is a big job and would cost a small fortune.i was thinking about getting another pully and new woodruff key as for the shaft i was eather going to weld a new key in or maybe use chemical metal or something to hold it in not sure if this would be strong enough has anyone got any better ideas of fixing it
    thanks
    mick

Very short term solution, i've been on the end fixing a truck after that was done to it by someone, the pulley had chemical metal to fill the gap AND was welded to the crank. It still broke off again and chewed its way through the cam belt cover.

its the sort of job that you need to just admit its fawked, and ort it out properly IMHO.
    Originally posted by mick19691
    removed crankshaft pully today thinking that i only needed to replace the woodruff key but found it to be alot worse the pully its self is worn ovel shaped and chipped were the slot for the key is also the original woodruff key wasnt even there the crankshaft its self has worn away on one side of the key slot i dont really want to have to replace the crankshaft as this is a big job and would cost a small fortune.i was thinking about getting another pully and new woodruff key as for the shaft i was eather going to weld a new key in or maybe use chemical metal or something to hold it in not sure if this would be strong enough has anyone got any better ideas of fixing it
    thanks
    mick
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X