could my head have gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could my head have gone

woodruff key on crankshaft failed yesterday whilst driving which had stopped all the belts from running temperature gauge went nearly all the way up before i could pull over as i pulled other loads of steam coming from engine one of the water pipes had burst could this have blown the head how will i know
    thanks
    mick

Originally posted by mick19691
    woodruff key on crankshaft failed yesterday whilst driving which had stopped all the belts from running temperature gauge went nearly all the way up before i could pull over as i pulled other loads of steam coming from engine one of the water pipes had burst could this have blown the head how will i know
    thanks
    mick
    It may well of gone but see if you can get it pressure tested then at least you'll know for sure
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks
      mick

I think you'll be ok with that! But like Rich said get it pressure tested!

Comment

You'd be better off getting the coolant 'sniffed' for combustion gases.

Comment

thanks
          mick

If a hose was blown off, then all the pressure would have been released and the head should be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            If a hose was blown off, then all the pressure would have been released and the head should be OK.
            What he said.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
              What he said.....
              I must be missing something here , but I cant see how a hose blowing off can be taken as evidence that the head is ok. It may be the fact that the head has gone, and overpressured the cooling system that blew the hose off and the only pressure thats gone is the piddly little bit in the cooling system. The massive pressures caused by pistons thumping up and down doesnt go away. Its the temperature coupled with these pressures that crack the head, not the cooling system pressure

I would suggest that its very possible your head has gone. Yove had an overheat, they dont like it. One big overheat ( the kind that makes steam) is enough to take the head out. You may be lucky and I certainly hope so, but be prepared for worst,
              Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
              X