Broken Ignition Key!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Ignition Key!!

I've gone and snapped the end of my ignition key in the barrell Got an RAC bloke coming to take a look. Is this going to be an easy repair? Or will this involve a new ignitin barrel?
    Hold my beer and watch this

if you can get the broken key out and you got a spare you'll be laughin. If you haven't got a spare you might still get one cut from the broken one. If the key don't want to come out you might have to take out the ignition barrell then the key will probably fall out, but even that's not too bad a job.

It depends what position the key was in when it snapped how easy it's going to be to get it out?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

well it was an easyier job than expected. The remains of the key were in fact on the floor under the mat. This resulted in some taunts from fellow collegues, an amused RAC technician and myself off to idiot of the week (again) However some good came from this as the RAC guy enjoys off roading, although on motorbikes, but he told me of some good places to visit. and we had a pleasant chat while he drove me to my house to collect my spare keys and took me back to work. So in all I've got paid for about an hours work to do all this too. and now it's lunch time too
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

key

So- the key snapped and a piece fell on to the floor? You thought it was in the ignition, panicked, and called the RAC. When they arrived you found the piece on the floor and asked the RAC to give you a lift to fetch a spare??
        And you got paid for this? Classic tale. Needs to go down in the " how to get the best from your breakdown company" book!