help petrol in a diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help petrol in a diesel

help!!!! im in a little renault van while my surf is getting fixed and ive filled it up with petrol it had half a tank of diesel in and ive topped it off ive driven 30 miles since feels normal can i get away without draining the tank if i keep topping up with diesel i need to know quickly thanks matt

You should try and get the mixture out of the tank at least, and drain the fuel filter.

Shame - but you're gonna have to take it on the chin and loose that tankful!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I did that once with a mondeo. Try and empty it all out with a syphon. Then fill with diesel. When you run it again it will smoke like CRAZY till the petrol has been burned away and then when the diesel is pulled through you will be sound. Just don't worry if it starts smoking like mad, keep running it will just be the petrol upsetting the engine. You will have nice clean pistons though.....
      www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Save it and mix with Veg Oil then sling it back in.

Comment

a long time ago i used to manage a group of texaco filling stations and this was and prob still is a regular occurence. we used to advise filling the tank to the brim with diesel, blast about for a bit up n down the m1 / a38 and then come and refil to the brim. keep topping up every day. always worked, never had any complaints or see that much smoke. advice came to us via local indie car mechanic shop.

however most ppl around our way were tight and only used to fill up with 10 - 20 worth.

Comment

Working...
          X