Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear springs

Hi,
    picked up my Surf from the garage today after they fitted new 2" lift springs
    to the rear.........MY GOD i cannot drive it, the back feels like it has no suspension at all.
    Has anybody had a problem with them or do i need longer shocks because where it was bottoming out before SAS...now it seems to top out if you get what i mean.. the misses is fuming, she has just about come round to driving it and now she cant..
    Cheers Jer...

Originally posted by jercarnevale
    Hi,
    picked up my Surf from the garage today after they fitted new 2" lift springs
    to the rear.........MY GOD i cannot drive it, the back feels like it has no suspension at all.
    Has anybody had a problem with them or do i need longer shocks because where it was bottoming out before SAS...now it seems to top out if you get what i mean.. the misses is fuming, she has just about come round to driving it and now she cant..
    Wow, what springs did you use, I've had 100% satisfied customers regarding handling and ride after fitting +2" HD springs on Surfs, all makes Procomp, LA Supertrux, etc.....

Let it settle in, and you get used to it as well, honestly it can't be that bad unless the shocks are jammed open.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi TonyN, got them from Barry at Keynham..you must be right about the shocks stuck open because there is no bounceback at all, when the guy fitted them he rang me and said the shockers are at full extent so i am hoping a set of extended shockers will cure it....
      believe me you go over one little bump and you have to slow down to stop the bounce !!!
      Cheers Jer...

Comment

Yep, I have a lift and the suspension is so hard....I am thinking of getting the lift taken off and going back to factory settings...
        [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

I would allways recomend new longer shocks with the HD rear springs. The stock ones do reach and TonyN is right about letting them settle, but for the additional cost and that fact that you have to virtually take the stock ones off to fit the springs it seems to me to be worth the effort.

Regards Nigel
          Monster trucks, BIG,Loud,Fast, What's not to like?

Comment

i got 5" of lift altogether and i prefer the slightly harder ride especially when going round corners or roundabouts there isn't so much rocking

the 2" lift i put on my old 2.4 with Es3000's all round the ride on that wasn't too bad either.The only trouble i had with one of the springs and that was the drivers side sagged but i had 2 new springs sent out to replace them.
            Last edited by stormforce; 24 February 2007, 13:53.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

update on hard ride

Well....
              the ride was still imposible and damn dangerous, the back wheels kept bouncing off the floor so i bought a pair of procomps 3000.

While we were fitting them the old shocks were at there furthest stretch and after i s$$$$ed the crud and rust off them they had Rancho on them.

5 minutes with the grinder had them removed , fitted new shocks, dropped the back on the floor, took it for a spin and WOW, a different Surf altogether

And it is up another 2" than before.... me thinks the shocks were too small.

Thanks to all who replied and helped...back on the road
              Cheers Jer...

Comment

When i put new Springs on my 2nd gen it was like driving a HOTROD till they settled in. Milners 25% Stiffer, The back end was up in the air for a while.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X