No announcement yet.

POP's CANT REMOVE HIS WHEELS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thanks guys dont feel such a t*t now some of you had same problem as me
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

grease

it is fine to apply a little copper slip to the inside diameter of the wheel,but never on the mating faces of the wheel or hub.cos as sure as god made little apples your wheels will come off by themselves.not a nice secnario....

Comment

sticky wheels

this is a common problem with hgv's and trailers.how they normally sort it is to crack the nuts off half a turn and drive full lock very slowly in a circle until u hear the wheel crack off (1 at a time though !).hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
          I did suggest that he undid his bolts.

Paul
          don't try this at home!
          i loosened my nuts, and my ar$se fell off!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I rarely have trouble getting wheels off because my brother is one of those wonderful gentleman, "TYRE MONKEYS," that are often referred to on the forum. He's a very nice man and can get me a huge discount on my tyres/wheels/exhausts. Oh, he's a self employed independant and would value your custom (hope he doesn't read this forum ).

My tongue is planted firmly in my cheek!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hi Pops,

Sorry to drag up all this embarassment again, but I just wanted to say I'm the latest person to have stuck wheels. Very glad that this thread was here!

Tried all of the suggestions listed: used WD40 (where would we be without it!) round hub and nuts. Put nuts back on, but left them slack as suggested (my @rse didn't fall off!!). Went for a drive in circles! Checked nuts and they were tight again, so wheels must have slackened off! Jacked it back up. One wheel came off no problem. Other still needed some persuation from my sledge hammer (gently does it) and that too came off.

As per Tony's suggestion I have now clean everything down and then put some grease round the hub. Hopefully no repeats of this next time!

Thanks for all the advice guys. Once again the forum saves the day.

Rob
              Last edited by nednil; 7 August 2005, 13:14.
              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. Once again the forum saves the day.

Good ere init? even when they take the mick you still learn something
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Working...
                X