POP's CANT REMOVE HIS WHEELS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    The memory of the bacon butties and your ( now depleted) supply of sweets is still to recent to abuse you to much mate.

i would like to politly draw your attention to lucky,s sticky on posts in technical threads.
    I THANKYOU
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
      i would like to politly draw your attention to lucky,s sticky on posts in technical threads.
      I THANKYOU
      Its OK as long as Pops is being abused, besides, there is a big pile of tinnies under the Surf from putting it back together, then I've been down the pub all evening, stuffed on Sunday roast dinner (which I helped to make! ), just got outta hot bath so its getting hard to remember rules and things ATM.

In fact, its getting hard to focus on the screen, so I'm off to find the bedroom.......................

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I THANKYOU
        Dont you listen to them nasty folk pops
        if its only one wheel thats stuck, drive 5 miles from home, let the air out and call the AA let one of there monkeys get it off for you

OR

Undo the wheelnuts completely and drive round the block, but be prepared to stop quickly

Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
          Dont you listen to them nasty folk pops
          if its only one wheel thats stuck, drive 5 miles from home, let the air out and call the AA let one of there monkeys get it off for you

OR

Undo the wheelnuts completely and drive round the block, but be prepared to stop quickly

Keith
          cheers keith thought about that one
          Pops

Comment

I had the same problem when I bought mine a few weeks ago. What I did was to spray WD40 in and around the wheels studs and hub and let that seep in for a few mins then I got a very large rubber mallet and hit the inner part of the tyre, rotating it every few knocks, it did take a little while but they did move, you could use an iron bar but for god sake only hit the tyre not the wheel.
            When I put them back on a covered the hub and studs in a light grease, I would not use copper grease as this could react with the alloy wheels.
            Hope this is of some help
            Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracpan
              I had the same problem when I bought mine a few weeks ago. What I did was to spray WD40 in and around the wheels studs and hub and let that seep in for a few mins then I got a very large rubber mallet and hit the inner part of the tyre, rotating it every few knocks, it did take a little while but they did move, you could use an iron bar but for god sake only hit the tyre not the wheel.
              When I put them back on a covered the hub and studs in a light grease, I would not use copper grease as this could react with the alloy wheels.
              Hope this is of some help
              Phil.
              thanks phil,
              going to get my boy over again and have another go
              will post the results.
              Pops

Comment

thanks phil,
                going to get my boy over again and have another go
                will post the results.

GOOD GOD POPS IS A GIANT

Undo the button/stud & pull down the zipper ,shake loose ,allow to fall in a downwards direction & step out.

Just in case you can't get your pants down tonight Pops....follow the instructions.
                Or you can always get Terrie to help!!!!
                Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                  GOOD GOD POPS IS A GIANT

Undo the button/stud & pull down the zipper ,shake loose ,allow to fall in a downwards direction & step out.

Just in case you can't get your pants down tonight Pops....follow the instructions.
                  Or you can always get Terrie to help!!!!
                  you leave MY NUTS OUT OF THIS and you cant talk with your name
                  NUTS
                  and who,s messing with me avitar then
                  Pops

Comment

you leave MY NUTS OUT OF THIS and you cant talk with your name
                    NUTS
                    and who,s messing with me avitar then
                    blimey you AVATAR keeps changing mate
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      blimey you AVATAR keeps changing mate
                      R thats better!!!!

NOT YOU AS WELL please
                      Pops

Comment

what ever you do NEVER put grease/copperslip on the inside face of any wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by PabloO
                          what ever you do NEVER put grease/copperslip on the inside face of any wheel.
                          tell me why then
                          suspence is killing me
                          Pops

Comment

tell me why then
                            suspence is killing me
                            Coz the centrifugal forces will throw it outwards, when it can land on your discs where needless to say it will play havoc with your ability to brake!
                            Maurice
                            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                              Coz the centrifugal forces will throw it outwards, when it can land on your discs where needless to say it will play havoc with your ability to brake!
                              is that all.
                              once i get the old girl rolling i dont want to stop her hey
                              Pops

Comment

sticky wicket

I didn't know till I got there but I visited my local tyre bandit and my wheels were stuck, front only, and I was entertained for a good 15 mins while 2 chaps beat my wheels off with rubber mallets and then size 10 boots, very sweaty work that, cost a tidy £9 for the entertainment too. cheers jeffers

Comment

Working...
                                X