steering problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering problems

Well I've been looking at the cost of the bits I need to get my steering geometry back on track ( pun inteneded).

Question is should I replace just the off side inner track rod end and the nearside steering idler, or should I replace both sides and inner/outer track rod ends and ball joints etc.

I know costs are gonna rise if I start to replace all these items but is it false econemy to just replace the worn parts.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Well I've been looking at the cost of the bits I need to get my steering geometry back on track ( pun inteneded).

Question is should I replace just the off side inner track rod end and the nearside steering idler, or should I replace both sides and inner/outer track rod ends and ball joints etc.

I know costs are gonna rise if I start to replace all these items but is it false econemy to just replace the worn parts.
    the rubbers on my inner track rods were split so i just changed the whole lot to save having to do it again.if you do change the lot you will have to probably get the adjuster tube aswell if yours don't come off
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thats probably a good idea, but I meant should I change track rods and idlers on offside and nearside, ie the whole front end??
      Rob

Comment

There's only the one idler, isn't there? With regards to the ends, I just replaced the specific one that had gone when I had to do mine. Only reason I think some replace them all is because they are an absolute pig to split from the adjuster tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          There's only the one idler, isn't there? With regards to the ends, I just replaced the specific one that had gone when I had to do mine. Only reason I think some replace them all is because they are an absolute pig to split from the adjuster tubes.
          I'll check the manual cos although I know wha an idler looks like I don't know what it does ( apart from idle?) but I'm sure some bedtime reading of the haynes manual will provide some info.
          Thanks Matt.
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            I'll check the manual cos although I know wha an idler looks like I don't know what it does ( apart from idle?) but I'm sure some bedtime reading of the haynes manual will provide some info.
            Thanks Matt.
            http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/ar....jsp?id=300937

Comment

Working...
            X