X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil usage for 1994 3.0 SSR-X TD Surf

Hi

Just a quick one this time!

Since purchasing my Surf, it has covered around 1000 miles now, does anyone know how much oil it should have used up if any during these miles?

May sound like a silly question, but this is my first surf and my first diesel vehicle, so please be patient!

Originally posted by Surftastic
    Hi

Just a quick one this time!

Since purchasing my Surf, it has covered around 1000 miles now, does anyone know how much oil it should have used up if any during these miles?

May sound like a silly question, but this is my first surf and my first diesel vehicle, so please be patient!
    i think in the 10 months of having the 3l i only had to put in about a pint in that time
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

according to service interval, you are supposed to change oil&oil filter every 4500 miles / 6 months ! (for a UK 4runner 3.0 TD) I dont notice any oil loss between these intervals
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

i don't think mine was full properly when i got it ,but seeing as it was within the marks i was happy

Comment

Rad and coolant tank to the right of Rad

Thanks for the reply's.

One more though!

Noticed that there is a smallish white coolant tank to the right of the rad and positioned just in front of the battery, the level of coolant in this tank is around 1/4 is this normal? do I need to fill this tank or just ensure that the rad is full?

The coolant colour is a nice clean red/pink colour.

Comment

If you look at that botle it has a high and low mark - as long as the fluid is between those marks all should be ok.
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy an Oil Filter for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD?

I know I can get them online, but is there anywhere that I can get one in person?

Do Toyota sell them? or any other dealer?

Do the 4runner filters fit?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Surftastic
                Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy an Oil Filter for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD?

I know I can get them online, but is there anywhere that I can get one in person?

Do Toyota sell them? or any other dealer?

Do the 4runner filters fit?

Cheers
                you can get them from halfords for £16,Toyota will probably get them for you but your better off getting them from www.milneroffroad.com or roughtrax as toyota will probably have to order it and cost more aswell.

Comment

Working...
                X