Virgin Surfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol..

no. i thought i read somewhere on here that its something to do with vacuum pipes? how does that work then?

i was actually just off searching for threads to expand on this when you replied, you're too quick on the draw..

i'm struggling to find anything about it at all in the haynes manual either and wouldnt know where to look for the vac pipes, as theres a million little pipes under the bonnet. ..and im actually quite technical, believe it or not..

theyre quite complex arent they?
    Biggus Truckus..

Comment

haha

bloddy hell..

thanks guys.
      Biggus Truckus..

Comment

On the silver tube on top of the engine that's got EFI DIESEL on, there is a thin metal tube welded to it and runs along the edge, check that there is a thin black rubber vacuum pipe connected on each end.

Comment

i would just go thru and check all the vac pipes and see if any are missing or split.There have been several people this week that have had trouble with their 4wd and it seems to be these vac pipes
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if...

..it wasnt cold dark & raining i'd be out there now..
            Biggus Truckus..

Comment

vac pipes..

so it seems like all the vacuum pipes are present and connected, and i cant see any splits in them. whats next to check?

and how does a tiny little vacuum pipe engage the 4wd anyway? me no understand?
              Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Originally posted by kevsta
                so it seems like all the vacuum pipes are present and connected, and i cant see any splits in them. whats next to check?

and how does a tiny little vacuum pipe engage the 4wd anyway? me no understand?
                Have you checked the ones at the other side of the engine bay? In the off side wheel arch is the vacuum canister. Make sure those connections are okay as well.

Comment

re

Hi Matt

hmm. all the tubes I can find seem ok, what i can see of them without taking all the inner wheel arch panels out to trace them all through. suppose i'll have to t some point.

are vac pipes the only reason the 4wd may not be engaging then?
                  Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Originally posted by kevsta
                    Hi Matt

hmm. all the tubes I can find seem ok, what i can see of them without taking all the inner wheel arch panels out to trace them all through. suppose i'll have to t some point.

are vac pipes the only reason the 4wd may not be engaging then?
                    They're a possibility.

ADD system (.pdf)

ADD diagram
                    Last edited by MattF; 21 January 2007, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      They're a possibility.

ADD system (.pdf)

ADD diagram
                      links not working? could be temp hosting problems
                      Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Working...
                      X