Can someone confirm something for me..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
    I assume you mean it holds the two halves of the shroud together? Mine's split top to bottom, not left to right.

I've removed the two bolts, one either side, that hold top/bottom together, but I can't free the lower half...
    it sounds like yours is like mine then Dave.Have a look for the u shape clip about half way down either side.once they are off there is a flap type bit with a hole in which clips over a lump on the upper half once they are off you should be able to separate the 2 halves
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      it sounds like yours is like mine then Dave.Have a look for the u shape clip about half way down either side.once they are off there is a flap type bit with a hole in which clips over a lump on the upper half once they are off you should be able to separate the 2 halves
      I can separate the two halves ok, just can't wriggle the bottom half out, cos I can't get at the bolt in the middle. BUT, I was thinking that I don't need to remove the shroud, if (which I am) I'm going to fit the drop brackets...

But, as mentioned above, it's a sod to fit the brackets without removing the rad anyway... Grrr..
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Lets try again..

Undo the 4 shrould bolts, let it hang on the fan, do body lift, lower rad, fix shrould back on.

You don't need to remove it, or split it.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Lets try again..

Undo the 4 shrould bolts, let it hang on the fan, do body lift, lower rad, fix shrould back on.

You don't need to remove it, or split it.
          Thanks.. That was my original question!!

(assuming you meant four RAD bolts, not shroud bolts)
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
          X