Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise

My 1992 SSR-X is making a knocking noise (sounds like it is coming from front end drivers side)when ever I go over speed humps or even pot holes in the road, I have looked underneath and checked that nothing is loose (exhaust being the prime suspect) but with no joy, I am pretty new to these cars so do not know too much about them, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by abes232s
    My 1992 SSR-X is making a knocking noise (sounds like it is coming from front end drivers side)when ever I go over speed humps or even pot holes in the road, I have looked underneath and checked that nothing is loose (exhaust being the prime suspect) but with no joy, I am pretty new to these cars so do not know too much about them, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Could be loose shock or lower ball joint
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

find a suitable bumpy off-road (or gravel etc) and put it in 4x4. I have the same metalic knocking noise which stops when the front shafts are under load. I found that I could get underneath and move the shafts with my hand and make a similar noise. There should be some play in these shafts but how much and whether this noise is indicative of worn-out parts etc who knows. I can tell you its expensive to fix even though I don't know whats wrong!!!!!!

Tried packing grease into CV joints makes no difference. Haven't found a fix yet so if its the same on yours would be very interested to know the solution.
      Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Working...
      X