Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colway tyres

hi,
    thinking about getting some m/t tyres for winter, off-road etc. and came across www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com, who offer:
    235/75x15 colway a/t or m/t
    245/70x16 colway a/t or m/t
    sets of four on white 8-spokes, fitted and balanced, £198 and £217, as i already have 15" wheels i,m tempted to go with them but as my surf has had a 1 or 2" lift (dunno, i didn,t do it) will i get away with the 16" wheels.
    i know colways are retreads but have used them in the past with no problems.

thanks in advance,
    ship

16's are ok but those tyres are fairly small for a lifted truck

Comment

Originally posted by ship
      hi,
      thinking about getting some m/t tyres for winter, off-road etc. and came across www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com, who offer:
      235/75x15 colway a/t or m/t
      245/70x16 colway a/t or m/t
      sets of four on white 8-spokes, fitted and balanced, £198 and £217, as i already have 15" wheels i,m tempted to go with them but as my surf has had a 1 or 2" lift (dunno, i didn,t do it) will i get away with the 16" wheels.
      i know colways are retreads but have used them in the past with no problems.

thanks in advance,
      ship

Don't forget the VAT + postage, but still not a bad price.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hi Ship
        I have got 31x10.5x15 AT colway at tires. I have a 2" suspension lift and I think they look alright not sure about the sizes you have been given. After today (Gerarrds Cross) my next set will be colway MT's. Ive done alot of road miles on them and have found them very good in the wet also good off road. I paid about £40 per tyre over two years a go.
        Very Happy with them.

Geoff.
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Tyres

My Bus is running on 265/75 16 (Marshal A/T) and is a 98 3lt ssrx and so seems to sit lower on its suspension than earlier models with the variable dash controlled suspension setting, admittedly the front wheels only just clear the wing mouldings at the front, but clear it they do.
          The only thing with changing wheel / tyre size from original is that the odometer and speedo readings are out, increase tyre diameter by 5-10% higher and your gauges are out by 5-10 lower, ie speedo reading at 32mph (ok at a gatso) will realy be 34 to 36 ( £60 and 3 points, ouch).
          Also the perceived top speed and mpg readings seem lower than with standard running gear. On the plus side though is slightly less spinning from the back on hard acceleration, (grip an go). Sorry but just love leaving vectra/mondeyo rep mobile, in outside lane, seeing my tail from traffic lights.

Lovin mi surf

Fish
          If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
          X