Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs and shocks

Hi all,
    Had new 31x10.5x15 cooper STT's fitted last week, and now looking at the suspension due to the new tyres causing a bit of bounce in corners, and on potholes.

Question is: do I fit SE3000 or ES9000?
    I will probably go for standard height 20% stronger springs from milners as these seem to have a good rep, but I'm a little confused about shocks.

I assume that the 3000's are a softer shock than the 9000, but I also thought that a softer shock was better for off road to allow shock absorbsion rather than bounce. Hard shocks for tarmac use?

Can anyone clarify before I buy.

Thanks.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Hi all,
    Had new 31x10.5x15 cooper STT's fitted last week, and now looking at the suspension due to the new tyres causing a bit of bounce in corners, and on potholes.

Question is: do I fit SE3000 or ES9000?
    I will probably go for standard height 20% stronger springs from milners as these seem to have a good rep, but I'm a little confused about shocks.

I assume that the 3000's are a softer shock than the 9000, but I also thought that a softer shock was better for off road to allow shock absorbsion rather than bounce. Hard shocks for tarmac use?

Can anyone clarify before I buy.Thanks.
    Hi Bob the 3000's are between the hard/soft of the standard shocks the 9000's are a bit harder than the hard setting of standard shocks
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ive fitted 9000's to the rear with l/c springs,and 3000's to the front with uprated sway-away torsion bars im now happy with the 3000's on the front i think if i had used 9000's on there with the uprated torsion bars it would have been to hard.
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
      X