Load Sensing Valve Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load Sensing Valve Questions

My SURF has just failed the MOT because of a seized LSPV. I stripped and cleaned this out and it now appears to be free.
    When pressing the brake pedal the plunger moves out, but only about 4 mm. Is this the correct amount of travel to be expected, looking at the size of the plastic rod guide fork there is room for a lot more movement on the plunger?

It appears that the transverse rod restricts the movement of the plunger when the vehicle is heavily loaded, if this is the case how is this rod assembly adjusted?

Originally posted by The Mighty WAH
    My SURF has just failed the MOT because of a seized LSPV. I stripped and cleaned this out and it now appears to be free.
    When pressing the brake pedal the plunger moves out, but only about 4 mm. Is this the correct amount of travel to be expected, looking at the size of the plastic rod guide fork there is room for a lot more movement on the plunger?

It appears that the transverse rod restricts the movement of the plunger when the vehicle is heavily loaded, if this is the case how is this rod assembly adjusted?

On the other end of the rod, passenger side of truck bolted to the panhard rod, there is a threaded part where you can adjust the height of the actuating rod.

Comment

Adjustment measurements

Yes, see that but the question is what are the tolerances and where are the measurements taken, between the rod and the LSPV piston?

Comment

My workshop manual doesn't give any measurements, it just says replace if suspected to be faulty.
        On my truck, the straight part of the transverse rod (spring according to the manual,) is parrallel with the rear axle and my rear brakes work fine and it passed the MOT, if that helps.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 1 November 2006, 18:09.

Comment

Working...
        X