HELP! Door wont open ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Door wont open ...

My 11 year old son locked keys for surf inside on back seat. Two hours and a very helpful AA man later we "got in".

The problem is in trying to "slimjim" the rear drivers side door (which doesn't work by the way to any scumbag thief readin this) we managed to knacker up the door opening mechanism somehow. I have taken off the door card and still cant open the blinkin thing. I also took off opposite doorcard to see if I could see a difference.... there aint anything broken or missin.

Any body have any ideas plz ? by the way AA man said it was one of the hardest vehicles he had ever had to open !!!

Haig

That is why the scumbags bosh the windows through.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Tints and a big fat boxer dog discourage that M8 hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
        My 11 year old son locked keys for surf inside on back seat. Two hours and a very helpful AA man later we "got in".

The problem is in trying to "slimjim" the rear drivers side door (which doesn't work by the way to any scumbag thief readin this) we managed to knacker up the door opening mechanism somehow. I have taken off the door card and still cant open the blinkin thing. I also took off opposite doorcard to see if I could see a difference.... there aint anything broken or missin.

Any body have any ideas plz ? by the way AA man said it was one of the hardest vehicles he had ever had to open !!!

Haig

If you have the panel off, wind the window down and operate the exterior door handle while watching the mechanism inside the door, you should see what you need to do to release the latch to open the door.

Comment

Hi Bushwacker, everything is movin as it should, but its as if the door catch is deadlocked, all handles move all the right rods, but door still wont open ? Iv'e been at it for nearly a week .....

Comment

do your doors deadlock?

Comment

if you have the child locks on the door wont open from the inside. the catch is just below the lock and you can only get to it with the door open... if you have the door card off, have a look at these. if you have cental locking you will have a motor bolted on the bottom of this bit, but it should make no odds.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

okay captions didnt work.. second picture, top right is the child lock, see the metal hook? you got to unhook that, then lower the thickest rod(or open the door from the outside)
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  okay captions didnt work.. second picture, top right is the child lock, see the metal hook? you got to unhook that, then lower the thickest rod(or open the door from the outside)

Captions work for me. Should have used black though, the green hurts a bit!

Comment

my monitor isnt very good... can i put my door back together now?
                    just noticed that lock is a passenger side one..
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Thanks Bushwacker, I've been away on buisiness (wth the backdoor still stuck) will try the childlock stuff tomorrow and get back to you with results.

Thanks again
                      Haig

Comment

Sorry Chillit, was givin all credit for pics to Bushwaker before I re read the forum...... dont want you boys fighting now !!

Haig

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
                          Sorry Chillit, was givin all credit for pics to Bushwaker before I re read the forum...... dont want you boys fighting now !!

Haig
                          S'ok, I'm a pacifist!

Comment

hehehe and i am rubbish at fighting..
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

At Last

Ok guys found out what the problem is ...just in case anyone has same prob here goes.

There is a small plastic slider/retainer which operates with both the power locking mechanism (Up & Down) and the door handle opening (side to side)..... its broken ! I dont knowif I can get a wee clip to replace it or if I need to get a second hand mechanism. I will go and find out and get back with the info.

Will post pics to clarify.

Thanks for your help

Haig

Comment

Working...
                              X