yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help my Dead surf Really Urgetn question Page 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my Dead surf Really Urgetn question Page 2!

Hi everyone

Just got my self a 1991 Toyota Surf 2.4 td EFI and its dead already!. Balls!

Bascically it started leaking diesel horribly all over the floor and im in desperate need of a quick fix.

Its the solenoid thing that screws into the Punmp that has a wire with a two pin grey plug coming out of it. - Can i buy these seperately or is it a complete new pump?second hand one depending on how easy they are to get?

Can anyone help as im new to Surf ownership and its already broken!

Thanks
    James
    Last edited by SurfDood; 27 October 2006, 15:17.

Milner Off Road do a service kit for the fuel pump...

And welcome to the forum..
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Anyone know which part im talking about and if its replaceable on its own?
      Not after a service kit just the part i mentioned.

Comment

theres an "o" ring at the bottom its probably gone hard and broke.milners only charge around seven quid for the kit.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Not sure if you guys are getting which bit im talking about so i took a pic!

Its the bit at the top of it the black bit that has broken and the diesel was coming out of it. Is this bit replaceable?

Thanks
          James

Comment

If your Surf is an EFI model that will be a Spill Control Valve and if non EFI a Fuel Stop Solenoid.
            Have a look on the Aussie Tech Site (down at the moment because of exceded bandwidth) for fuel pump info. Part may be difficult to source.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by SurfDood
              Not sure if you guys are getting which bit im talking about so i took a pic!

Its the bit at the top of it the black bit that has broken and the diesel was coming out of it. Is this bit replaceable?

Thanks
              James

Hi & Welcome James
              Is this bit replaceable? Yes
              From the picture it looks like the Fuel Shutoff Valve that screws into the Injector pump,that the bit has broken off.
              These may be able to Help L.R.Gawley, LUCAS Autoparts, Slipend road, Markyate. 01582 840995 or Andrew Rowley TOYOTA, 01727 874747
              or Apsley Motor Spares in Hemel Hempstead, 01442 253753, Good Luck &
              let us know how ya get on !!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi Nev, beaten to it again, trust it to be you ....... Thought it may of at least been the Bushwacker !!!!!!

Hey James fill in yer Profile so a we know what truck ya got ...........

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                  Hey James fill in yer Profile so a we know what truck ya got ...........
                  Good idea. He says EFI model but I suspect he has the earlier 2L-T which will make that part the Fuel Stop Solenoid. Should be easier to get and a lot cheaper than the later Spill Control Valve.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for the help guys and the list of contacts SurferJess. My surf is definately a 2.4ltr EFI as it says it on top of the Engine.

Just been to Andrew rowleys and they couldnt help as the bit that is broken comes complete with the pump so im a bit screwed as the other contact surferjess couldnt help! Any ideas as to where i can get a second hand pump? Any of you guys breaking a surf like mine?

Thanks
                    James

Comment

who did you buy it off?... get them to fix it!!

p.s. you spelled Dude wrong, dood!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Right ive found a place that does the part but they are saying that it may need callobrating to the pump? Does any know this to be the case as it only £39 for the part?

Comment

Originally posted by SurfDood
                          Right ive found a place that does the part but they are saying that it may need callobrating to the pump? Does any know this to be the case as it only £39 for the part?
                          Can't say for sure but the EFI pumps are a lot more technical than the manual ones so this may be correct.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for everyones help and advice- ive opted to just go the more expensive but lower stress route and bought a complete secondhand unit for £150 so will hopefully be back on the road in a day or two.

Comment

Working...
                            X