Warning light recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning light recognition

I have no hand book for my 1994 SSR-G 3.0TD. Can anyone tell me where the engine pre-heater warning light is and is it supposed to go out when its ready to start. Also in the rev counter there is a graphic of an engine and above it a small oblong light that is on until you start the engine. Is this the timing belt light you mention in some of the threads

When doing a tight turn I hear a knocking from the rear, should I be worried.

Many thanks
    Malcolm
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Dashboard layout attached.

As long as the lights go out when you start there is no problems.

As for the knocking at the rear can you describe where it is coming from and what sort of knock it is i.e. one/many, if many frequency of knock, etc.

Could be something loose so getting underneath and have a poke around would be a good idea.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo

When doing a tight turn I hear a knocking from the rear, should I be worried.

Many thanks
      Malcolm
      If someone has fitted an automatic locker in the rear this is normal, if its stock then something is loose or broken. Check wheel nuts, shocks springs, etc. Then move on to the UJ's and diff.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

are you sure the knocking is from the back? the most common noise when on full lock is the bump stops when they have no grease on them, can make a hell of a noise.
        grease the yellow circled bit and the bit it's pointing to. Front and back of both front wheels.

copyright TonyN
        Attached Files
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Many thanks, The diagram is a great help I will go and look at which ones light up. As you say, need to investigate the knock more so when I get more mobile I will have a look underneath. Its happend several times now and definately seems to eminate from the rear.
          Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

if your preheater light goes out as quickly as mine,you may not even spot it when you switch the ignition on!its on the far left of the dash.the glowplugs stay on after the light has gone out for a few seconds,in fact you may hear a faint click from under the bonnet a short time after starting.i sussed that when i noticed my headlights suddenly getting brighter when i was ticking over,which was obviously the glow plugs going out.if you start up to soon after the light goes out you might not be hot enough to burn the fuel efficiently.mine usually belches a puff of smoke in complaint.the other light you was talking about goes out if alls well with the motor after starting.mine has a t-belt light also,again it goes out after starting.it should come on when the belt needs changing at 100000k.hope this helps.mickey.no ideas on the knocking,but looks as if you have that covered.mine has so many vibrations from the dash and wind deflectors,i probably wouldn't hear it anyway!!

Comment

Working...
            X