Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension issues

Hello all, looking for some advice

I have a 3.0 diesel (95) and having thought the ride was a bit weird and having some strange noises I've done some investigating.
    I've discovered the anti roll bar bushes need doing, (no problem there) also the body height is about 1.5 inch lower at the back also about 1 inch lower on the driver side (front and rear) all measurements from the centre of the wheels to the wheel arch.
    I've also found if I turn left quickly or turn left up a sloping corner I get a LOUD twang at the rear that sounds like a drums been pounded.
    I cant see anything loose or broken apart from the play in the anti roll bar bushes
    finally the front passenger side wheel is leaning out at the top about 1inch more than the other.

I would welcome any comments from the more experienced surfers for tips on rectifying these problems.

cheers chaps (and chapesses)

Brian

Originally posted by hagar1256

I have a 3.0 diesel (95) and having thought the ride was a bit weird and having some strange noises I've done some investigating.
    I've discovered the anti roll bar bushes need doing, (no problem there) also the body height is about 1.5 inch lower at the back also about 1 inch lower on the driver side (front and rear) all measurements from the centre of the wheels to the wheel arch.
    I've also found if I turn left quickly or turn left up a sloping corner I get a LOUD twang at the rear that sounds like a drums been pounded.
    I cant see anything loose or broken apart from the play in the anti roll bar bushes
    finally the front passenger side wheel is leaning out at the top about 1inch more than the other.

I would welcome any comments from the more experienced surfers for tips on rectifying these problems.

Brian
    you have got saggy arse syndrom you can get new 20% stronger springs from www.milneroffroad.com or go for a 2"lift kit from http://www.toyotahilux.com/ you can also get the ARBar bushes from these too as for the front i will pass on that
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Brian
      Hi m8, it sounds like your springs and shocks may need changing that would explain the sag at the rear and to one side
      The banging noise may well be the anti roll bar..
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

finally the front passenger side wheel is leaning out at the top about 1inch more than the other.Brian
        Lift wheel off ground, so it hangs, and check for wheel bearing play or play in the upper/lower ball joints. Also, have a look at the condition of the front wishbone bushes.

Hope that helps
        Brian

Comment

The height from the centre of the wheel to the wheel arch will be different as the rear wheel arches are lower on the body line than the front ones
          If you stand square on to the side of the truck you will notice that the front arches are about 1" higher.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Like Jotto said the wheel arches are different heights, go by the running boards, they should be parallel to the ground at least, better if the rears are lightly higher.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X