X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA test results

Hi all
    I finally got my sva test through.
    With much relief, it passed first time! However, I think it is worth mentioning that I phoned my local SVA test centre & spoke to one of the testers (as advised in this forum!)
    He told me that most surfs fail on the brakes. I could not find anything about this on the forum, but the front wheels have to lock brfore the rear. Apparently Japanese brake pads are very hard. I changed the pads for softer UK ones and cleaned up the disks & calipers & my surf JUST passed the brake test.
    Hope this may save some £30 retest fee.
    Gary

Originally posted by clgha01
    Hi all
    I finally got my sva test through.
    With much relief, it passed first time! However, I think it is worth mentioning that I phoned my local SVA test centre & spoke to one of the testers (as advised in this forum!)
    He told me that most surfs fail on the brakes. I could not find anything about this on the forum, but the front wheels have to lock brfore the rear. Apparently Japanese brake pads are very hard. I changed the pads for softer UK ones and cleaned up the disks & calipers & my surf JUST passed the brake test.
    Hope this may save some £30 retest fee.
    Gary
    I actually find that it does brake better on UK pads. Just changed mine - wasn't changed on the first 2 services (i.e. not since it was imported). With the new pads from Milners I can actually stop now without standing on the brakes.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X