Pulling to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling to the left

I had the tracking checked a week or so ago in an attempt to cure a pull to the left that the truck has. It was found to be spot on.

To be honest, I'd been living with it, but yesterday after a trip to Leeds from Malvern, then onto Chester, and finally Liverpool, it was bugging me a bit.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what could be causing it?

I have checked :-

Tracking
    tyres
    brakes

Have swapped steering idler a few months back, and had the steering rod recall done a few weeks ago.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Could be your knackered shocks?

p.s. how was the ride?

Comment

Could it be the camber in the road???
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Could be your knackered shocks?

I've just been to a 4 wheel alignment place for advice and he suggested that too. He also said (and he's not the first) that biggish 4x4s running big tyres will often pull slightly one way or t'other and not to worry about it if I'm not getting undue tyre wear.

p.s. how was the ride?
        Getting better all the time! It's pretty near perfect now, but I'll be changing the shocks anyway cos they're so close to fully extended.

The back of the truck is full of kinky boots from the back door to the front seats, and within 6" of the roof. The sus has sagged! By....

1/2" !!! I want my money back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
          Could it be the camber in the road???
          Does it anywhere, not just on the LEFT side of the road.

Comment

Pitman Arm???
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
              Pitman Arm???
              How so? And if so, by the same reasoning could I have fitted a duff idler?

Comment

I know you've had the tracking checked, but any play in the track rod ends?
                Mine used to do it on occasion, especially under braking, but haven't noticed
                it once since I replaced that knacked outer the other week. Just a thought.

Comment

change hands...
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

HIya
                    well the first thing that comes to mind is tracking, as you've said it's been checked and was ok ,,,,,but (aint there always a but) I had mine done a while ago ,pulled slightly, but squeal every time I went round a left hander, tyre looking a bit scrubbed, took it to another garage guess what,,,,,, tracking out,,,, they aint always right . ok now!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      How so? And if so, by the same reasoning could I have fitted a duff idler?
                      you could have a duff idler...lift the wheels and check for play in the bushes....I was getting a lot of issues with the vehicle pulling to one side ike you.....replaced the idler arm.....this went on me....got all the front end checked out and

had to replace the idler and pitman arms, the inner and outer tie-rods.....now moving onto the next replacement [diff and half-shafts ]
                      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Does it anywhere, not just on the LEFT side of the road.
                        Hi Apache, Had the same problem on mine after the Garage did my Recal, slight wheel wobble & accasional pulling, I checked their Safety sheet & the Front tyres were differing in tread depths !!!
                        As a test I swoped Fronts to Rears & took it for a spin ........ ,Ok problem solved.

There's Alaways a Payback.... You just see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                          Hi Apache, Had the same problem on mine after the Garage did my Recal, slight wheel wobble & accasional pulling, I checked their Safety sheet & the Front tyres were differing in tread depths !!!
                          As a test I swoped Fronts to Rears & took it for a spin ........ ,Ok problem solved.

There's Alaways a Payback.... You just see it Comin !!!!
                          K. Two ideas forming here. Change shocks, see if it's any better. Swap the idler back to my old one (still have it somewhere) and see if that fixes it.

Not the tyres. Have already swapped the fronts over. No difference. Maybe I'll try a couple of pounds less in the drivers side.

Comment

Working...
                          X