Brake Discs / Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Discs / Hubs

It's coming near MOT time now and the front brakes are causing a juddering through the steering. I doubt the Tester will be impressed so it looks like a new set of discs.

Having read other posts on the subject, it seems the tricky part is separating disc from hub and since I have to use the road to work on the car with the wheels off, time is precious. It has to go back together same day it comes apart.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of new hubs (or whatever they're called in Toyota-speak) ?

PS: whoever tipped me about using cola-based soft drinks to remove corrosion - Thanks The alternator bolts were solid, but a week of soaking with fizzy pop and they came out easily.
    Who decided to mount engine ancilliaries on aluminium brackets when they're using steel bolts?

You need a block of wood that will fit inside the disc, then after undoing all the bolts that hold the disc to the hub and a little WD40, stand over the wood, hold the disc and hit hub onto the wood block, this will drive it out easily.

They are just brake discs, even in Toyota speak, I'd recommend Roughtrax's ones.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X