engine conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine conversion

OK so I need help, has anyone swapped out their 2.4TD for a 3.0TD and if so what little things need to be done? I just bought a 3.0TD surf with rollover damage and want to swap the engine into my 2.4. Do the engine mounts require fabricating or does it swap straight in? Any help appreciated. Cheers

You will need to change the wiring harness and control units, ie ecu etc and obvious things like the radiator, starter, alternator, exhaust etc. As for the engine mounts, just leave them on the 3.0L then should slot in ok.
    And welcome to the nuthouse mate
    Last edited by Wild Thing; 7 September 2006, 07:37.
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Hi m8, im no expert on this matter, but i know it has been covered before.
      the genral concensus is that its more hassle than its worth, but is possible. it may be worth doing a search and see what it brings up.

oh and welcome m8...
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by nastysmurf
        OK so I need help, has anyone swapped out their 2.4TD for a 3.0TD and if so what little things need to be done? I just bought a 3.0TD surf with rollover damage and want to swap the engine into my 2.4. Do the engine mounts require fabricating or does it swap straight in? Any help appreciated. Cheers
        Its not a straight swap you need to change over the wirring loom and the engine mounts do need some fabrication.
        Have a look on this site
        http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/enginetrans.htm
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hi if the 3litre you have bought thats a rollover can it be reregistered if so why not just change the body shell over, or is the 3litre just for s$$$$.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
          X