Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damp driver's footwell

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could tell me if there is a common leak that 2nd gen surfs have that would cause the driver's footwell to be damp?

From other cars I have owned, I know that some do have areas that need a bit of attention now and again, and I just wanted to see if I had missed anything.

I went snowboarding up at Yad Moss, near Kendal, and wore my boots home with a bit of snow on them, but this was 2 weeks ago now, so may not have anything to do with dampness.

I haven't noticed this before so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by The Typsey Russell
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could tell me if there is a common leak that 2nd gen surfs have that would cause the driver's footwell to be damp?

From other cars I have owned, I know that some do have areas that need a bit of attention now and again, and I just wanted to see if I had missed anything.

I went snowboarding up at Yad Moss, near Kendal, and wore my boots home with a bit of snow on them, but this was 2 weeks ago now, so may not have anything to do with dampness.

I haven't noticed this before so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Just had to replace the seal around the steering column where it goes thru the bulkhead on mine.....but I don't recall seeing many complaints about damp in the footwells.
    Need to get down there & see if you can find an entry point!
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
      Just had to replace the seal around the steering column where it goes thru the bulkhead on mine.....but I don't recall seeing many complaints about damp in the footwells.
      Need to get down there & see if you can find an entry point!
      check your water level as well, could be a leak on the heater matrix
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

It's also worth looking to see if someone has taken an accessory wire through the large blanking grommet in the bulkhead and made the hole too big. They had on mine. .(My fog light wire went there -28swg wire, 12swg hole!) I didn't notice in the summer, but got cold tootsies in the frosty weather. Replaced it with a proper feedthrough grommet when I ran the power cable for my ham radio gear and put a dab of silicone sealer on because it was, "Figure eight" twin wire. All cosy now!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys

Comment

Working...
          X