Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken pipe on auto dipstick

Hi peeps,
    Don't know if anybody would know how to repair the above title. Where the pipe that houses the dipstick bolts to the body, it has broken off right on the junction. It is thin metal so I would doubt if this could be welded. Any way that this can be repaired? I have tried Milners for replacement but they said they don't have them. Would appreciate any advice as to repair or replacement. Car is MY94 surf 2.4diesel

Thanks, Jamie.

Bolts to the body? mine doesn't. Do you mean where it goes into the gearbox?

Comment

Where the filler pipe comes out of the box it is about 6" or so long in strong pvc. Then another pipe in thinish metal slots into the end of the pvc pipe with a rubber washer on to seal it to the plastic pipe. This metal pipe is about 6" long again with a flange on it that secures with a 12mm bolt. It is just above this flange where mine has broken off. Garage can't weld it as too thin. Hope I've made it a bit clearer.

Cheers. Jamie.

Comment

Hi can you put any pictures on sound like some has already had a go at repairing it.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
        X