4runner Spare Wheel Stuck!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4runner Spare Wheel Stuck!!!

Anyone Know How I Can Release My Spare Wheel From Underneath My 4 Runner Which Seems To Be Well Seized, Without Cutting The Chain?

Thought mine was stuck fast too but get tough with that handle and it could budge. How about knocking the rim a few times with a lump hammer just to loosen things. Cant remember for sure but I think lowering means turning the handle clockwise...anyone confirm this before he trys again.

When I eventually got mine down I wd40'd everything then later I greased up that whole chain bigtime and wound it all up and down about 5 times.

Comment

My spares on the back but Iv'e had underslung ones on previous motors. Like Jim, I was going to suggest WD4O or if the chain is very rusty, soak with common malt vinegar overnight, followed by WD40 or diesel. Follow that with a good coat of grease.
      Vinegars also great for un-seizing older engines if the head has been left off and the bores rusty.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by wadey6
        Anyone Know How I Can Release My Spare Wheel From Underneath My 4 Runner Which Seems To Be Well Seized, Without Cutting The Chain?
        I would drive about 5 miles from home pull into a layby and let one of my tyres down, then phone the AA and have some monkey from them worry about it then grease it when they have done the hard work

Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Working...
        X