Surf rear suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf rear suspension

Can anyone please tell me, if the rear end of the surf should sit slightly lower than the front. Ive tried looking on all different levels and it always stays the same, is this how it should be,if not is it suspension problems.

Thanks duds

Originally posted by duds
    Can anyone please tell me, if the rear end of the surf should sit slightly lower than the front. Ive tried looking on all different levels and it always stays the same, is this how it should be,if not is it suspension problems.

Thanks duds

Should sit level, sounds like duffer springs at the back. They aint that much to buy and aint that bad to fit.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks duds
      Yep I agree with Koi they should sit level or even a little high at the back.
      Have a word with LA Supertrucks they are only round the corner from you in Daventry. Or get on to their web site and price thr parts.
      Baz at rough trax will also help but he is in Keynsham out Bristol/Bath way.

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
        Yep I agree with Koi they should sit level or even a little high at the back.
        Have a word with LA Supertrucks they are only round the corner from you in Daventry. Or get on to their web site and price thr parts.
        Baz at rough trax will also help but he is in Keynsham out Bristol/Bath way.

sumo.
        who do you guys think does the better one's ?

Comment

Originally posted by scousy
          who do you guys think does the better one's ?

Now theres a question, because I don't want the Hants dad's army brigade treading me streets and starting a turf war I will go with L A Supertrux.

Seriously though you should be able to source the same makes etc from both, I think L A Supertrux probably has more experience doing Hilux's.??
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

surf rear suspension

Thanks guys,its what i thought i will take your advise and see the chap from LA TRUX HE IS only a 10min drive away from me

thanks duds

Comment

Thanks guys,its what i thought i will take your advise and see the chap from LA TRUX HE IS only a 10min drive away from me

thanks duds
              If you go to toyotahilux.com (thats roughtrax) you can download his parts/price list to compere with LA. Next day delivery is cheap to.

solid sumo crew
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Everybody gone off Milners then? They do the uprated ones at (last time I downloaded their list) £48.00 a pair and I can vouch for their delivery.

I've got a saggy arse too!!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

surf rear suspension

Went to LA TRUX yesterday and he quoted £75 a pair for the r/coil springs and told me they have been imported from Aus and they are the best on the market. He has these in stock,they are the extra strength ones

duds

Comment

Does anyone here know whether of not the rear suspenesion can be changed by the switch (SOFT/HARD) after the factory ones have been replaced? Do you need a special kind of suspension to keep this feature?

Thanks
                    DRF-BRO
                    1994 Toyota Hilux Surf 3L SSR-X Limited (Manual)

Comment

Originally posted by drf-bro
                      Does anyone here know whether of not the rear suspenesion can be changed by the switch (SOFT/HARD) after the factory ones have been replaced? Do you need a special kind of suspension to keep this feature?

Thanks
                      DRF-BRO
                      only if your keep the factory rear shocks, Procomp shocks arn't adjustable, and to be honest you don't need to be. Rancho do adjustable shocks, if you wanna pay more for the privilage, but unless you spend even more on the remote switches and compressor, you'll still need top crawl under the truck to adjust them.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                      X