No announcement yet.

diesel filter/power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I get over to where it's parked (probably Monday) then I'll take a quick piccy and post it on the forum so you can have a look yourself. Didn't take more than 20 minutes on the bench to mod!

Comment

cheers mate,
      i went to the local breakers but no joy so will keep looking,will try and find surf replacement or landcrusier as well as the ford,so ive got three chances then,regards dan

Comment

Originally posted by madmax
        cheers mate,
        i went to the local breakers but no joy so will keep looking,will try and find surf replacement or landcrusier as well as the ford,so ive got three chances then,regards dan
        The chances of finding a LC or Surf in a local scr*pyard are small, believe
        me. Try a motor spares. Apparently, the original Ford primer head are
        a bit of a sod for leaking, so many motor spares sell a compatible unit.
        Those types of filter are also in many other makes of car. I've seen about
        seven different minor variations, usually filter canister size more than
        anything.

Comment

ok cheeres matt

Comment

The Ford unit is made by Lucas/Cav so was fitted on other vehicles .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

got one now from a 1993- 4 runner 3.0td will fit it friday afternoon,will post up news to see if it sorts out running,cheers

Comment

well changed it on friday, and it is no better what so ever!!!! any more ideas!!!!

Comment

Did you check all the vacuum hoses, initially?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

About half way down, the diagram with the pipe highlighted in red. Yours
                  will be somewhat different, but the general idea will be the same. Check
                  all the hoses around that area to make sure they are on tight and not
                  cracked.

Comment

ok matt will have a look tomorrow morning,i did have a look at these last week,these are the 4 or 5 that go into the spaceship type thing!!i think!!

Comment

looked at pipes today,had a pull about,had big torch and could not see anything wrong!not sure if its the same hose as in the picture but the only one i could find like that was on the air filter one that gos over the top of engine,that one has a trap/filter on it.
                      thereare two from the single story spaceship and 4 from the double high spaceship.
                      where to look next?

Comment

Further to my exploits of last week and the seeming 100% fix of the situation, we again suffered some intermittant (although short) bouts of power loss again. I'd decided enough was enough, and I dropped the tank out to take a look. to my suprise there was so much c**p and debris floating around that I cleaned the whole thing out especially around the feed to the fuel line filter. Everything seems to be a-ok again.
                        If the problem is not vacumn hoses as otherwise suggested then I reckon it's got to be fueling. If you've checked your lines then one of the only remaining places to look is in the tank. It's a job, but I thought it was well worth the effort!

Comment

i think i will just live with it !!as removeal of tank is a bit past my skill levals

Comment

Here's the mod I carried out on my other half's surf. As you can see the bracket's been modified a bit! and the primer is now in line and not in the filter assembly as before.

Deano

Comment

not a bad fix it job, i'm going to see if i can find a way of putting in an inline filter or trap somewhere or on the hose, are one of the hose's for diesel in and the ofther one out do you know?

Comment

Hi Dean

Do you have a pic of the inline filter you fitted. Where did you fit it and is it easily replaceable or does it use replaceable cartridges? No fuel starvation effect? Many thanks if you get to reply.
                                Ciao
                                @africa4x4cafe
                                [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X