Greasy nipples!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasy nipples!!!

I've just bought a nice shiny new grease gun to pack my nice shiny new idler. Can anyone post anything that shows me where all the other nipples are so I can do them while I'm down there?
    Cheers!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Download this
    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...nersManual.pdf

you're looking for pages 134 135

Comment

Thanks Vince,

Do you happen to know how much grease points A & B at the front of the prop shaft take? I seem to have been pumping it in forever!

I dont seem to have the hub nipples fitted, or some of the others. Is it a standard fitting?

Comment

on A pump till it comes out the inside joints.
        on B don't keep pumping till it's full you only need a few pumps just to grease it up. if you put too much in it the prop shaft will not be able to move in and out when the axle goes up and down, will make for very hard ride.

The other nipples are on the ball joints but they do not come with nipples on just blanking screws. just take them out and put in standard grease nipples. you will need right angle ones on the bottom ones.
        Last edited by Greebo; 17 July 2006, 16:44.
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

I wondered why the prop shaft slider was moving when I was pumping! I stopped because I didn't want to waste grease... Phew!

Did the back of the prop shaft, the two at the front but need to move the truck to do A,B,C,C,C. There are no blancking screws on the hubs, just tapped holes. Thats not good is it?

Comment

the ones in the circles are to the ball joints not the hubs. if they are the ones you mean then no just having open holes is not good. probably got joints full of $$$$.
            Attached Files
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

i got a garage to do mine while he changes the diff oils and seeing he used to own a surf then he knows what hes doing all for £25
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Seeing as this subject's come up, can the nipple on the joint to
                the rear diff be replaced with a standard 45 or 90 degree one?
                Last time I tried greasing that one, none went in, so I think that
                nipple may be screwed.

Comment

And for the upper and lower balljoints, can the blanking screws be permanently removed and the nipples left in their place???

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    Seeing as this subject's come up, can the nipple on the joint to
                    the rear diff be replaced with a standard 45 or 90 degree one?
                    Last time I tried greasing that one, none went in, so I think that
                    nipple may be screwed.

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
                      And for the upper and lower balljoints, can the blanking screws be permanently removed and the nipples left in their place???

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Yup.
                        Thanks yet again Vince.

Comment

Cheers Vince.

Comment

Working...
                          X