yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2.4 td ssrx auto 1992 locks up in 4wd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2.4 td ssrx auto 1992 locks up in 4wd?

Hope someone can help me.When i engage 4 wheel drive with my surf and turn full lock in either direction it seems to jam and wont drive forward?Its almost like i have thrown it into park.any ideas would be helpful.Thanks brothers.Fight the power!

Originally posted by nelson mandela
    Hope someone can help me.When i engage 4 wheel drive with my surf and turn full lock in either direction it seems to jam and wont drive forward?Its almost like i have thrown it into park.any ideas would be helpful.Thanks brothers.Fight the power!

Yeah If your doing this on the road/tarmac etc STOP IT.
    You will get wind up on the transmission and something will go bang sooner rather than later.

Because when you select 4 wheel drive you get equal drive to front and back so the wheels are all trying to turn at the same speed and can't on tarmac with lots of grip.
    You should only select 4wd on mud, ice etc when it enables the wheels to slip so they can turn at different speeds.
    You can select 4wd for a short distance in a straight line, thats not a bad thing if you don't use 4wd regularly as it keep everything turning.
    But don't select it on the grippy stuff and turn corners, something will go bang if you persist.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks so much Koi.The penny has now dropped and i can see whats was goin on.I feel a bit of a prat now.Its a good job a didnt try and force it now lol.Ta.

Comment

Working...
      X