alloy wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy wheels

hi done steering idler so fitted the wheels i've had sitting in the garage for 3mts, problem i have found since they were fitted is that all the wheel nuts seem to keep undoing themselves as i am driving along... do i need spacers or are the wheel nuts the wrong type.. has anyone else had this trouble?
    the wheels are the chrome pepper pot type seen on many others,and the wheel nuts are the 60 degree taper seat,regards dan

Originally posted by madmax
    hi done steering idler so fitted the wheels i've had sitting in the garage for 3mts, problem i have found since they were fitted is that all the wheel nuts seem to keep undoing themselves as i am driving along... do i need spacers or are the wheel nuts the wrong type.. has anyone else had this trouble?
    the wheels are the chrome pepper pot type seen on many others,and the wheel nuts are the 60 degree taper seat,regards dan
    Hi dan, i have the a set of pepper pot type and use the 60deg tapper nuts as you mentioned, as does a few others. not had a problem with them undoing though. Try using a bit of locktight on them. I use a 21mm deep socket (a spark plug socket) to get them tight. I dont think they are the correct nuts for these wheels but not had any probs so far.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

cheers jon, i will give a try again,regrds dan

Comment

You need to use the correct nuts for the wheels that you have.

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=161&vid=937

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=161&vid=938

Comment

do you know which nut would be best for the pepper pot type of alloy(full of holes)?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_00086.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	1243657

Comment

Nuts

do you know which nut would be best for the pepper pot type of alloy(full of holes)?[ATTACH]19598[/ATTACH]
            Just looked at them both, The 1st one is the standard alloy flat washer type which i already have but are no good for the pepper pots. The 2nd ones (as in the pic) look perfect as they have the taper seat washer which the pepper pots have and slightly smaller nut size.

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...=161&vid=9 38

Think ill be ordering myself a set of those. Thanks Andy
            Attached Files
            BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

jon, what centre cap are you useing?i have the metal ones off my old steel wheels but they are not a good fit,i have to push them through the inside of the wheel but when they were on the old steel wheels they just clipped in from the outside..i may have to get some new ones

Comment

jon, what centre cap are you useing?i have the metal ones off my old steel wheels but they are not a good fit,i have to push them through the inside of the wheel but when they were on the old steel wheels they just clipped in from the outside..i may have to get some new ones
                Dont use any with the pepper pot allys, but havent really looked for any, i have a set of the genuine allys but the plastic center caps are different.
                Just ordered 24 of the RA016 wheel nuts from roughtrax. they only had 10 instock but delivery due tomorrow. should get them by friday.
                Ill let you know how they fit.
                BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

cheers jon will order mine soon

Comment

cheers jon will order mine soon
                    Got mine friday as they said. Like a steel nut but with a longer taper so will fit allys or steel. Got them on my steels at the mo as playing out at briefield quarry tomoz (sunday)
                    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                    X