yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrically adjustable shock absorbers... or not. (92 2.4TD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ro80rob
    Hello Dave
    I'd like to take you up if poss.
    Wherabouts in Warrington will you be.
    What sort of beer (sorry not good on beer, have very little sense of taste, so its more about texture for me). Tell us what you like and I can arrange that.
    I work at Daresbury (near M56 Junct 11), but I could make most places from there at lunch (12-2).

Cheers... Rob.
    I'm just off Junction 11 of the M62, at

18 ravenhurst court
    risley road
    warrington
    wa33pn

I can PM you a mobile no,
    best call to make sure I am there before you set off.

I'm quite partial to 'waggle dance' or black sheep, or london pride, or any of that stuff thats mid brown and comes in pint bottles in the 'real ale' section in the supermarket.

BTW, you probably will need to readjust your torsion bars to suit or you'll end up like a wheelbarrow.

if the ranchos are still tidy you have every chance of floggin both the uprated springs and the shocks either here or on fleabay for a few quid to offset the cost of some ES3000's.]

Should work out fine, I have basically the same tyre size with standard shocks and standard length (if stiffer) springs

Comment

That's great. I've heard of some of those beers.

Will sort out on Monday. Can get to Risley on the M. No probs.

As to the springs, prev owner told me they came from the Matlock guy, so should just be the 20% stronger only ones.

As to flogging the bits, they will be free to a good home once removed, badged condition unknown. I'm happy for someone to fit the springs to their car, but unknown shockeys... dunno.

Cheers... Rob.
      Red to Red, Black to Black, Blue to bits!

Comment

i'd be happy to send you a donation for the bits coming off...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Just a quick update.

Did the trade for the springs (hope the beer was ok m8), thanks again.
          Got the ES3000 shockeys (new) also local from the place in Lymn (Warrington).
          My Surf was collected tonight by my garage owning guy and tomorrow, it'll be sorted back to soft rear suspension I hope, and I can ride in comfort for the first time without having to load the back up.

More when I get it back.

Cheers... Rob.

Comment

Job done.

Old (new uprated) springs and shocks removed and original type springs and the ES3000's installed.
            What an improvement!.

The ride is now comfortable (almost car like). I am well pleased.
            As for the parts removed.

The springs are as new (ex Matlock). The shocks are not. The rubbers on both ends are damaged and need replaced. I guess that means that they are bin jobs.

Thanks for all the advice on this one.

Cheers... Rob.

Comment

Even with knacked rubbers, there will be someone who
              can give those shocks a new home.

Comment

Working...
              X