Rubbing/whirring noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing/whirring noise...

Hi folks, I drive a 2.2 petrol Hilux pickup. Over the last week or 2 I've discovered a rubbing/whirring noise from what sounds like the front drivers wheel. It can only be heard when moving, and it gets faster as the truck goes faster. To be precise, the sound is very similar to the noise grasshoppers make. I've taken the front wheel off to see if there is any sign of anything rubbing, but I couldn't see anything.

I've searched the forum and one thing I read about a 'strange' noise was someone suggested the brake pads can make a funny noise when they are getting low, kind of an indicator as to them need changing...

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rog

grasshopper stuck in ya grill maybe???
    Ian

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster
      Hi folks, I drive a 2.2 petrol Hilux pickup. Over the last week or 2 I've discovered a rubbing/whirring noise from what sounds like the front drivers wheel. It can only be heard when moving, and it gets faster as the truck goes faster. To be precise, the sound is very similar to the noise grasshoppers make. I've taken the front wheel off to see if there is any sign of anything rubbing, but I couldn't see anything.

I've searched the forum and one thing I read about a 'strange' noise was someone suggested the brake pads can make a funny noise when they are getting low, kind of an indicator as to them need changing...

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rog
      maybe a cv joint!!! bearing!!!breaks!!!

check the cv boots see if they are ok!!

there is a small strip of metal profiled to s$$$$e the discs when the pads are running low this normaly makes a sqeal type noise
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

The censored word is s c r a p e. The over zealous naughty word filter blocks words out e.g. S$$$$horpe, s$$$$ yard, s$$$$py doo, etc.

BTW. My dog is a $$$$su
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          The censored word is s c r a p e. The over zealous naughty word filter blocks words out e.g. S$$$$horpe, s$$$$ yard, s$$$$py doo, etc.

BTW. My dog is a $$$$su
          thanks for explaining the s$$$$e!

btw why did you call ya dog su!!!
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
          X