Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN185 Shocks ?

Hi All,
    Just a quickie - just got my new 185 and the rear shocks could do with replacing - was thinking of pro-comp 9000's.
    Anyone fitted a set to their 185? or any better suggestions ?
    lastly where's cheapest ?
    Cheers for reading

Neil.
    Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Originally posted by MYLUX
    Hi All,
    Just a quickie - just got my new 185 and the rear shocks could do with replacing - was thinking of pro-comp 9000's.
    Anyone fitted a set to their 185? or any better suggestions ?
    lastly where's cheapest ?
    Cheers for reading

Neil.
    Hello Mate. Are you sure the shocks need replacing and not the springs? is it sagging? Mine saged a bit so I changed the springs and now its looks even better than it did before.

Colin
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

3000's are a direct swap, 9000's are a little firmer.

I'd always recommend 9000's for 2nd gen trucks, but a lot people think the ride is to firm on 3rd gens anyway. So 3000's might be better.

I'm fitting 2 2" lifts for people this week, with 3000 series shocks, as uprated springs and 9000's seemed a little to firm when we fitted them to Robs truck.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Springs are fine - no sagging
        shocks are shot - no damping, hit a bump and the whole ar5e end bounces about like a bouncy thing on speed.
        Cheers

Comment

Stop press !!
          Now I'm really confused - I have now been informed that OME are the mutts danglies and I should get a set of them.
          All I want is to get the $$$$$$ thing to go round corners like my 130 does
          - it's so satisfying steaming past discos n such on roundabouts
          Neil

Comment

Stop press !!
            Now I'm really confused - I have now been informed that OME are the mutts danglies and I should get a set of them.
            All I want is to get the $$$$$$ thing to go round corners like my 130 does
            - it's so satisfying steaming past discos n such on roundabouts
            Neil
            OME are really good, but also really expensive, I've got Procomps for your truck here @ £35 inc VAT plus postage.

Comment

I seem to remember seeing on Bundubasher's site that he
              uses OME's, and they don't appear to be holding up too well.

http://www.elphick-pooley.co.uk/htm/wheelsuspension.htm

Personally, I'd recommend getting the Procomp's from TonyN.
              Last edited by MattF; 12 June 2006, 22:58.

Comment

Update

Firstly big thanx to Tony - I popped in to see him amd collect my pro comps yesterday - top marks for a nice fella and a cracking deal.
                I have to say the new shocks have transformed the handling of the 185 to an amazing degree. I'm glad I went for the 9000's even though some think them too hard, I think it's an improvement over factory damping.
                Top mounts are an a55hole to get at (big mitts are a definate minus) with the tank in the way one side and the exhaust the other but the jobs easy enough other than that.
                I have been worried that the 185 is too much SUV and not enuff TRUCK (as Tony put it) but with a few more subtle changes it might be able to please a die hard 130 fan like me .
                Cheers for reading my ramblings
                Neil

Comment

Neil.

Good to see your still importing, not seen you online for a while, thought you had given up the Surfs.

Comment

Andy, ello matey - yeah still at it just not been online for a while (got bored of the net in general ) just used emails for pics from Japan.
                    Good to see you're still about - gotta admit these 'ere surfs are getting common eh?
                    Take it easy
                    N

Comment

Top mounts are an a55hole to get at (big mitts are a definate minus) with the tank in the way one side and the exhaust the other but the jobs easy enough other than that.

Neil
                      hehe, I should have warned about that, I've changed 2 sets of rear shocks on 3rd gens this week, They are bugger to get to. Especially the first truck had a rusty set of aftermarket shocks, I ground through the shaft in the end, and pulled it through the top.

Still got palm cramps! and Matt should know how that feels........

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        .....as uprated springs and 9000's seemed a little to firm when we fitted them to Robs truck.
                        My truck? I've got 3000s all round

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          My truck? I've got 3000s all round
                          Oops, it was a long time ago.......

Comment

Working...
                          X