yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhausts and induction kits?? and an odd spinny knob under my steering wheel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausts and induction kits?? and an odd spinny knob under my steering wheel...

Hey all i'm new here.

Just wondered if you can get uprated or performance exhausts and inductions kits for a 92 2.4 diesel?

I assume if i cant get an exhaust off the shelf i can have one custom made by someone like powerflow.

But would a Universal induction kit even work?

As regards to the knob under the wheel to the right, looks like a choke of some sort, what does it do exactly? i got told it sets my idle revs by increasing or decreasing. will it make much difference when its actually driving? I dont really want to be mucking with it until i am sure what i am doing.

Thanks all.

The knob thingy is the idle up, it raises the tickover, useful for when winching or jumpstarting other cars.

EFI trucks have a button, and it only works in N or P, if you have a knob it just twists around and pushes the throttle pedal down slightly.

You probably have to get a universal induction kit, and fix it to the intake hose some how, but you need to have some where for the intake temp sensor to plug in.

Exhaust is the same, custom made only as far as I know.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      The knob thingy is the idle up, it raises the tickover, useful for when winching or jumpstarting other cars.

EFI trucks have a button, and it only works in N or P, if you have a knob it just twists around and pushes the throttle pedal down slightly.

You probably have to get a universal induction kit, and fix it to the intake hose some how, but you need to have some where for the intake temp sensor to plug in.

Exhaust is the same, custom made only as far as I know.

Cheers for that. all as i expected.

Is an induction kit even likely to increase performance at all? if not then i shant bother. exhausts on the other hand are much more fun.

Comment

air filter is not realy worth it but exhausts can make all the difference... i cant remember the exact recommended but i think its 3" downpipe then 2.5" all the way back.
        i will do mine when i stop fixing the old one and someone is willing to fit for a reasonable amount!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X