Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window motor

hi peeps

having probs with rear window motor, its a bit lazy and have to help it 2 shut window properly, i just read a thread about toyota corolla nearside being the same but what year?? and with any other toyota window motor do, oops sorry i have a 2.4td 1992 surf

thxs in advance

Originally posted by jackpot
    hi peeps

having probs with rear window motor, its a bit lazy and have to help it 2 shut window properly, i just read a thread about toyota corolla nearside being the same but what year?? and with any other toyota window motor do, oops sorry i have a 2.4td 1992 surf

thxs in advance
    it may just need greasing and silicone spray always helps on the rubber surround try this first
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hi mate, as Ian says try some lubricant. Halfords do a window rubber lubricant which works a treat. WD40 is a temporary fix but it dries up quicker. RE:compatable replacement motors, I had to replace the drivers door window motor a few months ago, and got the replacement from a Lite Ace. Just the plug on the wires was slightly different, 2 mins to cut and splice. From what I've read, I think any Toyota of a simmilar age should have window motors which will do.
      Pete

Comment

I spent a couple of hours at my local breakers today searching for a suitable replacement for my shot rear window motor,and found that a Daihatsu Fourtrack window motor to be the same (Denso).All I had to do was fit the original plug from my old motor to the new one and Bob's your uncle.Added a bit of silicone spray for good measure and it's as good as new.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

My tailgate window was sluggish when I first got my truck. I popped the inner panel off the tailgate and greased all the moving parts. Still goes up and down a treat. I did all the side windows as well for good measure.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X