Prop garages in East London??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop garages in East London??

Hi, I need a need a new UJ and balance on my propshaft. Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the east London area?

Thanks in advance - Dave.

Originally posted by billandben
    Hi, I need a need a new UJ and balance on my propshaft. Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the east London area?

The uj is not to hard to replace, Why do you need your prop balanced??

Forgot to say welcome to the nut house
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Mitchells Autos, down the arches, Gary and Minty will sort it out for you while you have a pint in the Queen Vic

Bogus

Dont suppose you found that helpful ..... Sorry
      Сви можемо

Comment

Well I've got the vibration scenario at 20mph upwards, especially when towing a trailer. There is play in one of the UJ's, but I was under the impression that if I whipped it off and replaced the UJ then the prop would need to be balanced? If this isn't a case then I'll give it a bash myself.

PS Would you trust Gary and Minty to work on YOUR Surf?

Cheers - Dave.

Comment

Cheers - Dave.

4get those 2 what about the blonde tart working with them now
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well I've got the vibration scenario at 20mph upwards, especially when towing a trailer. There is play in one of the UJ's, but I was under the impression that if I whipped it off and replaced the UJ then the prop would need to be balanced? If this isn't a case then I'll give it a bash myself.

Cheers - Dave.
            As long as you keep the the prop in one piece when removing ie dont let the splined piece come off , you can press out the cups of the uj and replace without loosing the balance (in most cases) . Also mark the yokes before pressing cups out so they also go back on in the same place .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
            X