Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Dropping

Hey PPL,

there seems to be a few threads i've read about the back of the sunroof dropping.

Just kinda sorted mine out so here goes.....

My sunroof hasn't worked since i got the car about 2 months ago but decided to open yesterday as i drove along, Looked at it today. There appears to be two worm cables one on each side that turn to open or close the roof. These meet in the middle at the motor and are turned by a kinda angled cog thing running off some kinda gearing cased in metal attached to the motor.

So these all turn and somehow the sunroof opens/closes, magic!!!

If u look along each side of the sunroof (may have to take off the rubber trim/surround thing that holds the headlining to the roof at the hole) there is a set of runners, the worm cable runs along the back of these on each side. Anyway in these runers there are a couple of clip things attached towards the back of the actual glass, these appear to be what drop the sunroof a little to allow it to slide under the roof as it opens.

On mine one of these had somehow moved out of position allowing the sunroof to drop anyways if u push up on the glass you can slide it manually back into place, all you have to do is with the roof closed, bush up on the glass and slide the bottom half of the clip forward about a cm so the top and bottom of the clip line up.

As a temporary measure i will be putting a blob of solder just in front of the clip to stop it moving as one of my worm cables has snapped anyway so the sunroof doesn't work anyway.

OKay so it's not a full solution but my sunroofs waterproof again now and not leaking in under the roof skin If anyone wants pictures or more information let me know, although i don't get on everyday so it can take a few days for me to reply.

WOW!! My first techy post, probly the first of many as every week i seem to discover somethin else that needs doin to the Surf. As much as i hate looking like i've bought a $$$$ car coz i'm always doin somethin to it or got bits off or whatever, I love it!! I think i was a born surfer it just took me 22 years to realise it!!
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========
Working...
X