yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailgate window, key fails to operate it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate window, key fails to operate it!

Hi all & Happy New Year!

My key will not operate the rear window! I can only open it using the rocker-switch in the cab.
    It does work very occasionally, but only when I persist to gently turn the key left/right a few hundred times!!

Any ideas how to rectify this, or indeed what the problem may be?

Thanks.

Originally posted by squipper
    Hi all & Happy New Year!

My key will not operate the rear window! I can only open it using the rocker-switch in the cab.
    It does work very occasionally, but only when I persist to gently turn the key left/right a few hundred times!!

Thanks.

If its working from the internal rocker OK then it sounds like its the key lock its self. Could just be a dodgy connection it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

tailgate key

had the same problem blitzed it with wd40 then turn back & forth ......... mine works perfect now.... another thing i noticed if you used to jiggle the key vertically just before you turned it that used to kick it into life

Comment

Originally posted by squipper
        Hi all & Happy New Year!

Thanks.
        fennman666 s advice worked for me good luck ianb

Comment

Try to get some sewing machine oil. It wont dry out like WD40. It doesn't smell as nice though!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X