Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Bar help....again!

Hi,

I have a chap fitting my tow bar as we speak - trouble is there is a hole that you have to put a finger in in order to try and hold the nut in position while you attempt to bolt it! (hope that makes sense!)

Anyway - any tips on this tricky little blighter??!
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][I]Am I bovvered??!! Yeah but am I? Am I bovvered??!![/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Originally posted by ERArab
    Hi,

I have a chap fitting my tow bar as we speak - trouble is there is a hole that you have to put a finger in in order to try and hold the nut in position while you attempt to bolt it! (hope that makes sense!)

Anyway - any tips on this tricky little blighter??!
    On the 3rd Gen IIRC there will be 3 bolts per side to the chassis. the forward one is the only one without a captive nut. This is usually solved by the kit including a nut attached to a strip of metal allowing you to insert it along the length of the rail whilst the strip will stop it turning.
    Another method sometimes seen is the kit including what looks like a spring on the end of a lond piece of wire, a bolt is threaded into the spring end and the wire feed into the rail and out thru the hol thus drawing the bolt into place
    Last edited by Morr; 12 May 2006, 11:27.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
    X